Welcome! I think it’s only fitting that my inaugural post highlight an honour bestowed on Kingston this past week by Canadian Business Magazine. For those who follow such comparative studies on Canadian cities, this may be old news. But without a doubt, as a proud Kingston resident this article confirms what I already know – Kingston is a fantastic place to live!
Kingston ranked as the 6th Best Place To Live In Canada. We beat out big city contenders like Toronto & Vancouver. Why is Kingston a great place to live? These are some of my reasons:
- Kingston is home to some of the finest post secondary education facilities in the world:Â Queen’s University,Â Royal Military CollegeÂ andÂ St. Lawrence CollegeÂ all call Kingston home.
- Kingston has a perfect blend of good job opportunties, family friendly neighbourhoods, social life and city events.
- Kingston is the original home town ofÂ The Tragically Hip,Â Avril LavigneÂ (Kingston Area-Napanee), Dan Aykroyd, Doug Gilmour, Kurt Muller, Don Cherry, and Ryan Malcolm (Canadian Idol).
- Kingston was home to the first Prime Minister of Canada -Â Sir John A. Macdonald.
- Kingston offers old city charm but with big city amenities.
- And finally, Kingston still has a number of great affordable housing options whether you are buying new or resale.
Kingston tops my list for the best place to live! Call me to make it your home!